The Diving Community Champion Award recognizes DEMA Member companies using diving to benefit their communities and the public.
There are three judging criteria for all entries:
- Showcasing Recreational Diving
- Realizing Objectives and Outcomes
Reach of the Activity, Project or Program
- Is the project or program local, national or international in scope (all qualify)?
- How many were impacted by the nominated activity?
- How did the activity or project positively impact the DEMA Member business’ communities or society?
All sizes and scopes of projects and activities are eligible for consideration, but the program should command appropriate resources to have the greatest possible reach. The size of the DEMA Member is considered.
Positively Showcasing Recreational Diving to the General Public
- Does the program or project utilize recreational diving to demonstrate diving’s significant contribution to the general public?
- Does the activity or project benefit recreational diving or depict diving in a positive light?
Realizing Objectives and Outcomes
Award-winning entries generate results that achieve the company’s defined and measurable objectives. Results should demonstrate how the program or project made a difference to the general public using recreational diving as a catalyst.